Buying your first home can be a confusing and stressful time, but it doesn’t have to be. Follow these simple tips to help it be a smooth process:
- Start early. Don’t wait until the last minute if your current lease is almost up. This process takes time and sometimes has hiccups. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time.
- Lower debts. As soon as you know you will be making the steps necessary to buy a home, begin lowering your debts. Including credit cards, student loans, and auto loans.
- Non-negotiable’s. Make a list with you and your partner about your must haves. You may also need to compromise on a few things, so it’s important to have this discussion before hand.
- Hire a professional. REALTOR’s are a great asset to purchasing your first home. They are often aware of homes before they hit the market and can get you the best bang for your buck.
- Set budget. The last thing anyone wants is to be house poor. Set your budget and stick to it. Don’t look at houses out of your price range.
- Get pre-approved. This will also help you set your budget and know what you can afford. Plus being pre-approved will look better when putting in an offer on your first home. Click here to get pre-approved today!